Sean going big with his overhead squats!
8 x 400m runs 90sec rest
rest 5 min
Max Plank; if > 1min add weight
We have had a handful of people this year come in and try out a class or two and decide that they are not ready for CrossFit. Most the time we ask why and we get answers that we feel that we can work with:
- I need to go to the gym more before CrossFit (What?)
- Its too hard (scaling is for everyone)
- women: I don’t want to bulk up (say no to drugs)
- Men: Group training? (mostly it’s the fear of coming in last)
- I don’t like competition (CrossFit Irvine is not about competition, it’s about pushing yourself everyday)
- I have a bad shoulder (then lets work on the rest of the body first)
The list goes on. At the end of the day these excuses are holding you back, both in your fitness and health, but I bet similar things pop up on why “my brother is successful and I’m doing ok”.
2012 is about cleaning out the attic, about getting rid of all the excuses that were either real or made up and charging forward.
The difference is with CrossFit Irvine you will have a community to back you up and support you on this journey, versus the magazine on the elliptical with the unrealistic goals that aren’t yours.
So what will it be, another year of “I wish I could of, but” or ” I can’t believe what I just did!”