Richard did amazing this past weekend at the NLI, First CrossFit Competition
Max Overhead squats in 2 min
Max Burpees in 2 min
Max Thursters in 2 min
It’s My First Time
We had an amazing time at NLI this weekend with at least 12 CrossFit Irvine Ohana coming out to cheer on our first time athletes. As a first time competitor you learn a lot about yourself and your skills when you are in a new environment.
The stress and anxiety of competition is something new for many CrossFit Irvine Ohana members and to add to that a CrossFit competition, you have a perfect mix for some Personal bests!
I want to give a shout out to Richard and Keith, who both took on their first CrossFit competition and both came out better athletes. You learn through CrossFit Competition that the mental strength you’ve gained day in and day out at the box pays off when the clock is ticking down and hundreds of spectators are cheering you on to finish.
For me, I learned so much this weekend about giving 110% no matter what the odds are or who you are competing against.
Here are my top 5 things I learned about myself this weekend:
5) Double under work is a daily thing!
4) Competition’s are rarely on schedule, but it doesn’t mean your nutrition shouldn’t be
3) Having 100′s of people cheer for you can bring out some moxie you never knew you had
2) I like the Rogue pull up rig
1) It’s about who you’re with. Having the CrossFit Irvine Ohana there both competing with me and cheering for us was the most amazing thing in the world.
We all had so much fun and are looking forward to the next two events. We hope to see more first timers out there too from the CrossFit Irvine Ohana!